Thursday, January 03, 2008

Now, "The Big Game" and Doritos are getting involved in the music business. Remember the commercials for last years "Big Game" and especially the amateur commercial for Doritos? Well, this year they are doing it differently. They are looking for an undiscovered music artist to perform for the commercial (It doesn't have to have anything to do with Doritos). All you need is Talent, a MySpace page, MP3 of the song and you playing it on video. Hot99.5 in Washington DC reported this morning that the winner gets a $10,000 deal with Jive Records. Compared to what I wrote in my blog yesterday, I would almost feel that it would not be a good idea to take the deal with Jive Records and stay independent. But, what do I know? I am not going to try out for the Doritos Commercial; it is too late to submit a video now and I have no singing capabilities. But I urge you to vote for the finalists until 1/7/08!


Ok, thinking of Doritos makes me really hungry and I have the PERFECT recipe for you to make while watching the commercials for "The Big Game." It is called Taco in a Bag! make everything you usually have for tacos: meat, lettuce, onion, salsa, cheese, sour cream, etc. Then, take a small Doritos bad, crush the Doritos and put the contents of the taco in the bag. There is no mess and when your team scores and you have to jump up and down, you can hold the Taco in a Bag in one hand while giving a high five with the other! It's perfect for "The Big Game."

No comments: