Friday, January 04, 2008

I miss the experience of music. Today I am so busy that I don't even have time to go to a concert. I feel that the only time I have available to listen to music is in my car; during my 1 and 1/2 hour commute to work.

Back in the day, music was not able to be recorded and the only way you could listen to it was by attending a wedding or some party. Then around 1885, the phonograph cylinder was created. This was the first object that would record and reproduce sounds. They played it through an amplyfying form and it was still used for social events. Is music still a social event today? The last concert I went to with friends was in May 2007 (bummer). Because it is so easy to have music by the click of the mouse, has the social social events around music changed? Do we only have time to listen to music in our cars, belting it so loud that the car next to you gives you a funny face?

From the time of the phonograph cylinder to downloading music over the internet, the way we listen to music has changed( and is still changing). But I hope that we all will try to make music a social event!
Goals for this year:
1. Go to a bar or concert; listen to some live music with friends.
2. More Dance Parties.

No comments: