Thursday, February 07, 2008


I know it has been long since I have written last, but I have been working hard on getting people's blood for our hospital. The only music I have been exposed to in the past week was waking up to my alarm clock playing classic rock. Until, my ride into work, I got to thinking about another genre of music....MUSICALS!
On my way into work, I was blaring and singing (skwaking really) to music from Rent. I think musicals are making a comeback with the younger generation, due to High School Musical; which I love!

Music from musicals make great singalongs, in the car or at home. Many people know the words. When I took a road trip to Montana with a couple friends, I think we sang Seasons of Love from Rent more than 100 times. When I am driving along with my boyfriend, we have a great time signing songs from Avenue Q.

There is an emotion to every song in a musical and you can find one song that matches what you are feeling. Singing to musicals is a great way to release your emotions and just have fun!

No comments: