Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I am a cheerleading coach in Prince George's County, Maryland and my cheerleaders teach me new things everyday! They like to make fun of me because sometimes, being from Minnesota, I just don't know the PG culture. Anyways, they have taught me how to krump. Krumping is fun to do because it releases a lot of energy and it is like your body is having a dance seizure. My cheerleaders make fun of me a lot for that!

Also, they were telling me about a type of music that I didn't know about in DC; It's called Go-Go Music. This type of music originated in DC and uses a lot of percussion especially the conga. Unfortunately, go-go music has such a bad rap because a lot of violence has happened at go-go parties. So you won't be able to really listen to it live, but you can always purchase it on itunes. It's got a great beat!

No comments: